Wedding Trends In 2023
Weddings have always been an opportunity for couples to express their unique style and personalities. As the years pass, new trends emerge and it’s interesting to see how wedding styles evolve. From the venues to the decorations, and even the menus, weddings today look very different than they did ten years ago! So what will weddings look like in 2023? I decided to take a look at some of the latest wedding trends that are emerging and how they might shape the future of weddings. In this blog post, I’ll explore colors, venues, decorations, and other styles that could potentially become popular wedding trends. Read on to learn more about these exciting possibilities!
Top wedding trends for 2023
1. Bold and Bright Colors:
Gone are the days of subtle and understated wedding colors. In 2023, couples will be opting for bold and bright hues to make a statement on their big day. From vibrant florals to colorful décor, expect to see a lot of personalities injected into weddings next year.
2. Unique Venues:
With more couples getting married later in life, they are looking for unique venues that reflect their personal style. We predict that we’ll see more weddings taking place in nontraditional locations like warehouses, lofts, art galleries, and even private homes.
3. Foodie – Focused
Receptions: With the popularity of farm-to-table dining, it’s no surprise that couples are now wanting to incorporate this trend into their wedding receptions. Expect to see an influx of locally sourced ingredients, seasonal menus, and food stations at weddings in 2023.
4. Creative Guest Entertainment:
Couples are always looking for ways to keep their guests entertained, and we predict that 2023 will be the year of creative guest entertainment. From interactive games and activities to unique performers and entertainers, there will be plenty of ways for guests to have fun at weddings.
What’s hot and what’s not
When it comes to wedding trends, there are always certain elements that are in style, while others begin to fade away. If you’re planning a wedding in the near future, it’s important to be aware of what’s hot and what’s not, so you can make sure your big day is as stylish as possible. To help you out, I’ve put together a list of some of the hottest and most popular wedding trends right now.
One of the biggest trends in weddings right now is having a more intimate affair. Gone are the days of huge weddings with hundreds of guests; nowadays, couples are opting for smaller, more intimate gatherings. This trend is partly due to the fact that people are getting married later in life and already have large social networks. But whatever the reason, intimate weddings are definitely in right now.
Another big trend we’re seeing is a move away from traditional sit-down dinners. Instead, more and more couples are opting for cocktail hours with heavy hors d’oeuvres or food stations. This allows guests to mingle and move around more freely, and it also cuts down on costs associated with formal dinner service.
More and more couples are opting for intimate weddings these days. There are a number of reasons for this trend, including wanting to save money and having a more personal wedding day. Intimate weddings usually have fewer than 50 guests, which can make the planning process much easier. Plus, you can really get to know your guests when there’s a smaller guest list. If you’re considering an intimate wedding, here are a few tips:
1. Don’t skimp on the details just because there are fewer guests. Your wedding should still reflect your personality and style, so don’t be afraid to go all out with the decor, menu, etc.
2. An intimate setting can be more romantic than a large one. Use this to your advantage by choosing a beautiful venue and creating a cozy atmosphere.
3. Since you’ll likely be spending more time with each individual guest, make sure to choose the people who you really want to be there on your big day—no plus-ones allowed!
More and more couples are choosing to have destination weddings in Greece. A destination wedding is a wedding that is held in a location other than where the couple currently lives. Destination weddings can be held anywhere in the world, from a tropical island to a scenic mountain resort. Couples often choose to have destination weddings because they can be more intimate and personal than a traditional wedding. Additionally, destination weddings can be more affordable than traditional weddings, since couples can often save money on travel and lodging by having their wedding in a location that is already popular with tourists. Some of them are multi-day events having initially a pre-wedding party, a ceremony day, and a brunch the day after the wedding.
There’s something about eloping that has always been romanticized. Whether it’s the idea of running off together to get married in secret or simply having a more intimate wedding away from all the hoopla, eloping has been gaining in popularity in recent years.
One of the biggest benefits of eloping is that it can save you a lot of money. If you’re planning on having a small wedding anyway, why not ditch the big venue and expensive catering and go for something more low-key? There are plenty of beautiful places to elope, whether it’s at a local park or in another country altogether.
Another plus is that you’ll have more time to enjoy your wedding day without worrying about things like decorating or dealing with guests. And since it’s just the two of you, you can really make your day exactly what you want it to be without having to please anyone else.
Micro weddings are becoming an increasingly popular option for couples looking to get married. Here are some things to consider if you’re thinking of having a micro wedding:
-Guest list: A micro wedding usually has a guest list of 50 people or less. This can be a great way to keep your wedding intimate and save on costs.
-Location: Because you’ll have fewer guests, you can choose a more unique or unconventional location for your micro wedding. This could be anything from a scenic outdoor spot to a cool urban loft space.
-Budget: With fewer guests and a smaller event overall, you’ll likely have a lower budget for your micro wedding. This can be great if you’re looking to keep costs down, but make sure to still allocate enough money for the things that are important to you (like food, drink, music, etc.).
-Timing: Micro weddings tend to be shorter than traditional weddings, so you may want to consider having your ceremony and reception on the same day. This can help keep costs down and make things more convenient for your guests.
There’s something so romantic about a backyard wedding. Maybe it’s the nostalgia of getting married in the same place you grew up or the intimacy of being surrounded by close family and friends in a personal setting. Whatever the reason, backyard weddings are definitely having a moment right now.
If you’re considering a backyard wedding, here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Make sure your yard is big enough to accommodate your guest list! You’ll need enough space for everyone to comfortably mingle, dance, and enjoy themselves.
2. Consider the logistics of things like power, water, and restrooms. Can your yard handle all of the needs of your guests? If not, you may need to rent some portable toilets or bring in some generators.
3. Take into account the time of year when you’re planning your backyard wedding. A summertime wedding will be quite different than one taking place in the fall or winter. Make sure you’re prepared for whatever weather conditions may come your way.
4. Don’t forget about the decorations! Just because you’re getting married outdoors doesn’t mean you can’t make things look beautiful. String up some lights, hang some flowers, and create a stunning backdrop for your ceremony and reception.
Couples Who Get Ready Together
There’s something special about getting ready for your wedding day with the person you’re about to marry. It’s a moment when all the nerves and excitement of the day come together, and you can just focus on each other. We’re seeing more and more couples opting to do just that, spending the morning or afternoon of their wedding day getting ready together with their wedding party.
This trend is especially popular among destination wedding couples, who often have a longer time to spend together on their wedding day. But even couples who are getting married closer to home are enjoying this intimate moment together before they walk down the aisle.
Whether you’re getting ready in your hotel suite or at home with your bridesmaids, taking some time to prepare for your wedding day as a couple is a great way to start off your festivities on the right foot.
Colorful dresses are one of the biggest trends in weddings right now. Whether you’re looking for a bright and bold statement dress or something more subdued, there are plenty of options out there.
If you’re looking for a colorful dress, keep in mind that you don’t necessarily have to go with a traditional white or ivory gown. More and more brides are opting for colored wedding dresses, and there are tons of beautiful options to choose from. You can go with a classic hue like blue or pink, or go for something more unexpected like red or yellow. No matter what color you choose, make sure it compliments your skin tone and fits with the overall feel of your wedding day.
As the world becomes increasingly more digitized, it’s no surprise that even our weddings are following suit and becoming more sustainable. Here are some of the top wedding trends in sustainability for 2020:
1. Green Weddings: More and more couples are opting for eco-friendly weddings that minimize the impact on the environment. From using locally sourced food and flowers to choosing recycled or compostable materials, there are tons of ways to make your wedding green.
2. Zero Waste Weddings: Zero waste weddings are a trend that’s on the rise, and for good reason! By avoiding single-use items and using recycled and reusable materials, you can help reduce your wedding’s carbon footprint.
3. Sustainable Fashion: Sustainable fashion is another growing trend in weddings. From choosing environmentally friendly fabrics to renting or buying secondhand gowns, there are lots of ways to make your wedding wardrobe sustainable.
4. Ethical Engagement Rings: An engagement ring is one of the most important pieces of jewelry you’ll ever buy, so why not make sure it’s ethically sourced? Look for rings made from recycled metals or conflict-free diamonds to ensure your ring is as environmentally friendly as possible.
Nowadays brides and grooms are breaking away from the traditional wedding invite and opting for something more unique. With so many options available, it can be hard to choose the right one for your big day. Here are a few of the hottest nontraditional wedding invitation trends:
1. Photo cards – These days, couples are all about personalization, and what better way to do that than with a photo card? Add a snapshot of you and your fiancé(e) to your invite for a personal touch that guests will love.
2. Save-the-dates – Why not give guests a sneak peek of your wedding with a save-the-date card? This way, they can start getting excited for your big day well in advance. Plus, it’ll give you extra time to finalize all the details.
3. Postcards – A postcard is a great way to show off your personality and style as a couple.
5. E-invites – With technology becoming more and more commonplace in our everyday lives, it’s no surprise that e-invites are becoming popular for weddings as well. They’re easy to create and send out, plus fashionable.
Many couples are taking advantage of social media by creating a hashtag for their wedding (i.e. #MadamWedding) so that guests can easily share photos and memories from the big day.
Music trends are always evolving, and that means there are always new wedding songs to choose from. However, some classic wedding tunes will never go out of style. Here are a few music trends to keep in mind when planning your wedding:
1. Up-tempo songs are perfect for getting everyone on the dance floor. Whether it’s a pop song or a classic rock tune, an up-tempo song will get everyone moving.
2. One trend that’s been gaining popularity is using live musicians instead of recorded music. This can add an element of sophistication and elegance to your wedding day.
3. If you’re looking for something truly unique, consider incorporating some non-traditional songs into your wedding day playlist. This could include anything from classic children’s songs to modern pop hits.
Champagne towers are a unique and elegant way to serve champagne at your wedding. They are often used as a centerpiece or focal point in the room and can be decorated with flowers, lights, or other embellishments. Champagne towers can be rented from many event rental companies, or you can purchase one specifically for your wedding.
Blurry wedding photo
A trend that has taken the wedding world by storm is blurred wedding photos. This dreamy and romantic style of photography can add an ethereal touch to your wedding photos, making them look like they were taken straight out of a fairytale. If you’re looking to add a bit of magic to your wedding photos, then opting for a blurry style may be the perfect choice for you!