Tips for the Perfect Summer Destination Wedding in Greece
To help you out, below are the top summer wedding ideas that will make it memorable and keep your guests entertained.
Summer has and continues to be the best time for couples to wed. During this season, the weather is always sunny and ideal for wedding photography, and most importantly your guests have the flexibility to travel to any destination such as Greece and the amazing Greek islands as Santorini, Paros, Naxos, Mykonos, Rhodes, Crete, Corfu, and the list goes on. Although the idea of planning a summer destination wedding might seem overwhelming, it is quite easy and doable.
Serve Delicious and Refreshing Cocktails
Despite there being 101 benefits of hosting a summer wedding celebration, the extra-high temperatures and UV rays can make the venue a bit uncomfortable for your guests and yourself. However, by serving delicious and refreshing cocktails, it will help your family and friends battle the heat and quench their thirst.
And since your objective is to make your summer wedding the best, you should only offer the perfect signature cocktails. To nail the perfect mixture blend your favorite drink with your favorite color. If you and your husband happen to like different flavors, then offer both and let the guests be the judges. It is advisable to hire a few exceptionally skilled bartenders.
For those who don’t know which cocktail to offer at their summer weddings, here are the 5 best custom drinks.
- Watermelon Punch – Made with vodka, lime juice, club soda, and fresh mint.
- Blood Orange Sangria – A popular summer drink made with brandy, club soda, strawberries, and apples.
- Cucumber Margaritas – Goes well with tequila, lime juice, a slice of jalapeno, and some water.
- Pomegranate Spritzer – A bubbly and sugary cocktail made with vodka, lemon, Prosecco and some ice to cool it off.
- Elderflower White Cosmopolitans – A modern cocktail that integrates both sweet and sour flavors, it contains vodka, cranberry juice, lemon juice, and edible flowers.
Keep Your Guests Comfortable
Now that we have covered the cocktails section, you need to ensure that your guests are comfortable. The clear blue skies definitely make the best backdrop for wedding photos but at the same time, the extreme heat will make your guests sweat instead of shedding happy tears as you say your I do’s.
So, how do you make them feel comfortable?
- Ensuring there is an adequate supply of cooling face mists.
- Preparation and set up a hydration station that will be easily accessible.
- Provide water bottles. You can even decorate them so that they blend with the theme of your wedding.
- Shade the reception tables with umbrellas.
- Parasols also offer shade.
- In your invitation card, kindly ask your guests to carry sunglasses.
- If it is possible, offer fans to each guest.
- For guests who don’t mind taking off their heels, providing flip flops can ensure everyone is comfortable.
- Do you intend on extending your ceremony until night time? You can get Pashminas to keep your guests warm.
Some Additional Summer Wedding Ideas regarding your Planning
-Stick to Heat Resistant Flowers
Flowers are an essential wedding décor, and your venue would look incomplete without them. However, during summer, not all flowers can withstand the heat. This is why you need to talk to your florist about getting heat resistant flowers.
-Choose a Fresh and Lighter Colour Palette
Because of the weather, lighter and airier shades blend better with summer destination weddings. A light color such as white with coral, yellow or blue pastels will make your venue look amazing.
-Plan Your Timeline with Your Guests in Mind
In your timeline, kindly minimize the time when your guests will be out of the shade. You can opt to start your wedding late in the afternoon to avoid the noon heat.
-Pick Airy Fabrics for the Bride, Bridesmaids, and the Groom
The clothes you wear determine how much fun you will have. This is why we recommend picking airy fabrics for everyone. Also, stick to summer hairstyles.
-Keep the Menu Light and Fresh
Summer weddings are not the time or event for you to feed your guests with heavy meals. This will end up making them more uncomfortable. Alternatively, light and fresh foods will keep them active and energetic.
With the above tips, you can effortlessly pull off an unforgettable wedding in summer. Provided your guests are comfortable and your summer wedding décor is perfect, you are ready to walk down the aisle. Don’t forget to hire a skilled summer wedding photographer to capture this special moment in your life.
Check the post on bohemian beach wedding in Greece