A very creative and inspiring period of my life, apart from the non stop drawing childhood, was during my fine art studies in 1992-1999. A period of time to remember with lots of love and proof that heart “attracts” in life whatever you love deeply.
1998-1999 Metropolitan University, London, Ma in 3D & 2D Computer Imaging & Animation,
1994-1997 Wimbledon School of Art, London, Ba in Fine Art Painting
1995-1996, Akademie der bildenden kunste, Erasmus, Vienna
Artists’ bio: Figurative artist and new media designer, was born in Athens in 1971. Studied Business and Art in Greece before completing my BA and MA degrees at UAL – Wimbledon College of Arts and Metropolitan University. Since the turn of the new millennium had:
- Many groups and solo exhibitions in Greece.
- Participated in many group shows and film festivals across the world, from the Netherlands, London, and Austria, to Mexico, Sydney, and Siberia.
- In 2000 my video work was selected and broadcast by the BBC, further enhancing my reputation as an international creative artist.
- Some of my work is published in the art history volume on Modern Greek Art 1974-2004 by I.Kolokotroni and International Contemporary Artists vol XI, 2016.
- Received several awards, including Best Experimental Film at the 2008 Thermaikos Film Festival, and the Adobe Achievement Award in Melbourne in 2004.
My most recent work includes video art and has a focus on ecology and natural environments, which has led to underwater projects and artwork. The latest video art installation has been “In the light”, which takes the form of a kind of diary reflecting meditative states.
Description of work:In the Light. The latest art project moved into symbolism with mixed media works and video art. The “light” is a kind of diary related to meditative states. The video and digital prints were created in an effort to transform visualizations and emotions into images.
In March 2017 “in the Light” is selected to participate in the 12th Athens Animfest.
More at my art blog post
“The Symbolists believed that the purpose of art is to capture and express absolute truths, which can be approached indirectly. For this reason, use images and objects with symbolic meaning “.